Thursday, September 24, 2009

Crazy schedules/new friends

I'm going to combine the last few days into one blog.
So yesterday I was scheduled to play in Wichita.  The pastor pulls in the parking lot from my first Wichita gig and says "we've got a problem"  "you're scheduled to be in Eureka tonight"  I said, no I'm scheduled to play again in Wichita.  We went in and realized that I had accidentally double booked.  My afternoon officially was nuts from there on out.  I was calling both churches trying to finagle how I could do both of them (and they are an hour apart)  I worked out that I would play in Wichita while they were eating and then leave early and just miss the meal part in in Eureka and show up as fast as possible.  I was pretty stressed out.  We get to the first gig and they were so nice.  I really wished that I could have stayed there for a while longer.  They really enjoyed the stories and music and there was just a really strong energy in the room and as luck would have it, the stoves were not working so the didn't start eating until after I left anyways.  The church is called Lord of Life and Pastor Gary was so nice to work with.  There was a good crowd including a good number of youth.  one 17 year old girl had her birthday so I started happy birthday for her (I'm sure she liked that)
After Lord of Life Mom and I jumped in the car and raced to Eureka.  Christ Lutheran was also a nice church to play at and as it turned out since I was 40 min late, they started singing and had so much fun that they are going to try to do that once a month as a fellowship Idea!  SOOOOOO, after all my stress and anxiety about this situation and short changing both churches, it turned out pretty good after all.  UFF-DA!  It was kind of funny, that when I pulled up someone had the door open and yelled "He's here!" I walked into a very enthusiastic clapping congregation of ranchers as well as some youth.  I apologized and started right up.  This was my day.  I'll write about today, tomorrow, cause I'm tired and I need sleep.

Peace!

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment