Monday, September 21, 2009

First Day Back On Tour!!! Great Bend to Hutchinson 66mi



Today was a good day.  I thought it was going to rain on me all day making me very thankful I purchased the extra rain cycling gear, but it quit after the morning.  I had some miles on bad roads and I had some miles on worse roads, but still had some good roads.  But Sand roads are new for me.  It didn't take me long to turn around and find another route.  

Thorn today- Sand roads after jarring unfinished paved roads. 

Rose today-  In Ellinwood KS there are underground tunnels where there used to be many soloons and brothels.  It took an hour so it put me a bit behind but it was a really cool tour.
Baths, 15 cents for clean water, and 5 cents for used. (put your self in a cowboy's shoes in the 1800's)

extra highlight- Dinner with the Pastor who is a Cancer survivor himself and is going in for his scan tomorrow.  Then he put me up in a hotel.  Sweet!



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing time with us in Hutchinson Joe. We will keep you in our prayers at Emanuel.
    God be with you my friend.
    Pr. Tim

    ReplyDelete