Saturday, September 19, 2009

Driving to Kansas

You really have to love just driving across the country.  Well, at least I don't have to drive through Nebraska.  There really isn't anything too eventful to write about but I've been updated by friends that the story made the front page of the La Crosse Tribune today so that is really cool.
http://lacrossetribune.com/news/local/article_10d66c20-a4d5-11de-a837-001cc4c0
  
But today is also a very sad day as a very very dear friend of the family died yesterday just after we left.  Joanne Dunnum was just about the best human I know.  I know people always say that in these times but this woman was very special.  She was a light to everyone who knew her.  She struggled with Lupus since she was 26, but she was the brightest most positive woman in the world.  The craziest Joanne story I think I have is that she was coming to my highschool graduation and she was making the buns at her house.  She fell and broke her wrists and she showed up with a smile on her face delivering the buns..... on the way to the hospital!!  We were all like, no you should have forgot the buns and just went to the hospital, but that was Joanne.

No comments:

Post a Comment