Sunday, September 20, 2009

Old friends to new ones, Great Bend Kansas


Hey Hey!
Today was a pretty good day.  I stayed overnight with the lady who gave me a ride last year when I was broken down.  I got up early and they were getting ready to make a breakfast which was deliciously scrumptious!  Bacon, eggs and pancakes!  Yum yum!  I had a pretty good conversation with Charley, Jackies husband who is a very giving person, like Jacky.  We shared some stories, ate and then headed for Great Bend!
We went to church at 1st presbyterian, where I would be playing later.  After church, I was invited to a lasagna dinner at a couples house from the congregation, Howard and Phyllis'.
After dinner it was time to go and put a few final touches on the program before it started at 3pm.  I was a little nervous since it was the first one this year and I didn't know what to expect.  It was a small crowd of about 20 members of the congregation.  I was surprised that only 2 were cancer survivors.  
The program went very well.  They asked questions throughout the concert and my nerves were calmed as I got a few laughs and I could tell it was going well.  I met many very nice people.
After the program I went with Pastor Scott to go sight in his muzzle loader.  He is quite the hunter.
Last night our host was a cat person and tonight they are dog people.  There are 3 crazy dogs.  One is about as big as a gofer, one is a golden lab and one just farted near me and it smells pretty bad.  Uff-Da.


No comments:

Post a Comment