Saturday, September 26, 2009

Tom and Crazy Dogs attacking




It's always kind of funny when you meet people just because of happen stance or something goes wrong.  Well, that's how I met Tom.  Mom and I finished a little lunch on the road and then I started on the bike and she took off.  We were on a back dirt road and I can take it, I mean, I am a Mt. Biker after all.  As she drove away I noticed my ride was rougher that it should be....YUP, FLAT!  I wave in the air for her to turn around.  I jump up and down.  I take my bright orange bike and wave it across the air but to no avail.  I started to walk the bike when I thought, I'll just just walk up to this ranch style house.  I was greeted by a dog, which didn’t look to threatening.  I knocked on the door.  And a rancher looking fella named Tom came out of the garage.  He was pleasant to speak too, asking if I’d like some water and guided me to the phone while he went back into his shop I could see from the garage, which looked like some kind of wood or leather carving shop.  After I called mom and got her to turn around.  I walked into the shop and there was a beautiful looking saddle he was making with very detailed designs somewhat resembling the Norwegian artform of rosemalding.  His father did it until the age of 90 and now Tom has taken over for him.



It turns out he does some sort of Horse ranching ministry.  If he checks this he can comment and clairify.  His wife called and asked if we wanted to have dinner.  As I always say, I have a firm policy never to turn down food.  So we have a nice lunch/dinner together, I fixed my tire.  He even gave me a beautiful 9x9 piece of leather with the design on it.  He put a cross on it and I'm going to frame it when I get home.  He even put a cross on my leather bound journal I've been writing in, so that was pretty sweet.  I'll put up pictures in a few days.  No time right now.


ATTACKING DOGS 
I cycled by a house and they bused out of their little dog houses and I thought they were going to catch me.  These were 3 butch dogs and had no business not being roped up.  I didnt think they would be able to hold the speed for as long as they did, but we were flying.  As one got close I swerved to the other side of the road.  We had probably topped out at 24 or 25 mph before  I finally shook them off my tale.  Today I bought dog mase and now I have 20 shots worth for future incidences.  I love dogs but those were not nice animals.

Life's a Journey; keep riding,

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment