Saturday, November 21, 2009

Almost in DC/Dogs/Flats/Hills?

So this morning I got going and I realized I had a flat.  This is never a good way to start out the day.  Then I realized that I used my spare that I had in my pack and didn't replace it.  This is bad because it is a lot of work to pack all my gear into the big bag and then the tent stuff that goes into a bag that sits on top of the bob bag.  I bungee those all down and get both of my flags situated...Its the least favorite part of touring and I did it twice this morning since I had to undue it all to get down to the very bottom where the spares are.  Only 2 left so I hop its not a thorn in my tire that I've missed.  I felt around where the whole would have came through the tire and couldn't feel anything.  The tire was being very difficult this morning but 40 min later I had the tire changed and everything bungeed up again.
I went to Mc Donalds which I do for breakfast sometimes.  I sat down to eat and realized they messed my order up.  I got bacon sandwiches instead of sausage, oh well, I didn't want to go stand in line again as Mc D's was a popular place this morning.  I ate and got on the road by 10AM, much later than I had wanted to get cycling.  I hit it hard and put music in today.  It was a Barenaked ladies and Dave Matthews day.  They kept me moving fast along with my cliff bars.  I was so happy there was less wind today than yesterday.  Yesterday I just gave up at about 3:30.  I just couldn't hack cycling into the wind anymore.  It had been all day.

I had dogs chase me today.  Some Rin tin tin looking dog and a pit bull.  I was in no mood to be chased.  I got off my bike and yelled at them.  THey growled at me.  I got my camera stick that works well for a dog waker.  They backed up a bit.  I got on the bike and started going and they ran right up to my bike.  I got off with my stick and just chucked it at the pit bull.  He ran away  the other one I guess saw that I didn't really want to be chased and went away too.  I think I was more patient with dogs be fore one grabbed my jacket on my trailer and ripped it a few weeks ago.

Now I'm camped outside a Catholic church in the country that was built in 1765 named st Josephs off of 404 and church ln.  I might go worship here tomorrow...but maybe not...Catholics have funny communion rules.  I might find a different church to drop in on.
Anyways.  I'm tired so I'm hitting the sack.
I'm sure my next journal will be in DC.

Later,

J

No comments:

Post a Comment