Monday, November 9, 2009

Civil war areas around Mechanicsville, VA

So I left the Haars this morning  and went down a pretty steep hill.  They thought I'd crash if I attempted this hill so of coarse I had to give it a try.  I didn't crash but there was a brief moment where I thought I'd have too much speed and hit there fence across the driveway, but I handled it (without hitting the fence).

Food was good today.  I was spoiled with waffles and scrambled eggs with cheese and peppers this morning.  I found a little family run hoagie joint that had some great sandwiches.  But tonight I'm just going to have some Chocolate milk and candy bars.

There were a lot of battle fields that I cycled by today from the civil war which I learned people down south don't refer to it as the 'civil' war.  They might call it the 'war of northern oppression.'  I'm sure african americans would have said they were even more oppressed by the south.

I was going to camp behind a baptist church but then I saw there was a cyclist camping spot at a church up the road.  Since it's always better to camp legally, I pressed on for the 60 mile day.  In my conversation with God earlier today I said it would be nice to find somewhere warm, inside with electricity and internet...which is usually a stretch.  But once I get to the camping spot there was even better than a shelter.  There was a building with electricity, tv, fridge, and internet!  So that worked out pretty well.  Since I didn't call ahead I lucked out because there was a meeting tonight so someone let me in, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten to be inside.

Ok, That's all I feel like blogging about tonight.  

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment