Friday, November 20, 2009

Ocean city

Well I took 4 days and cycled up to Ocean city.  I didn't get to cycle on the island with the wild horses.  I guess everything is a mess out here due to that hurricane.  I guess they do tend to mess things up where ever they go.  I was going to go home from ocean city, but renting a car has got a lot more expensive, or is just more expensive out here.  I don't know how they are still in business.  They wanted more than 700 dollars to rent a regular mid size car for 2 days.  Man, if I pay that much for a car for 2 days it better at least be luxury or a sports car...nope! A ford.  So I'm finding other means home.  I ruled out planes due to all my gear.  I've ruled out cars because they are insane, so I guess the only thing left to do is to go by train...at least according to John Candy.

I'm going to cycle to Washington D.C. because the train doesn't do bikes or checked luggage from out here and I have both.  So three more days of cycling! again!  I thought about ending in VA beach, which I forgot if I wrote about or not, but there were no cars anywhere because they were talking evacuation of the whole area, the very area I was cycling towards and yes I questioned the sanity of that move.  So everyone rented all the cars and got out of dodge.  Then it turned out they didn't get it quite as bad as they thought.  It's still a crazy mess with flooding and trees down everywhere and electricity problems....I guess that usually goes with the trees down everywhere part, but it wasn't Armageddon.

Off to D.C!  Now wishing I would have went there from the beach in the first place.

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment