Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tomorrow I finish it

So today was a good day.  The weather was supposed to get me wet but it held out until I got to Williamsburg, VA.  Tomorrow it is supposed to rain too, so I just might check this big adventure of lifes to do list in the rain.  Either way, I'm going to cycle up to the ocean, dip my wheel and jump in the water and splash around in celebration.  I'll get some random bystander to take a picture or two.  It would be better if I had someone to celebrate the accomplishment but it will feel good just to know that I didn't just talk about my dreams, that even though there were crazy things that went wrong in the process.  My trailer broke down, My bike was stolen, thieves stole my video equipment, I had to ditch my trailer when it proved to be insufficient, and of coarse worst of all was diagnosed with Cancer.  But every time something bad happened God would bless me with some blessing.  I got a new trailer and two days later a stranger would give me money that covered the cost, I was given a new bike and I came back after surviving brain cancer.  So there has been many stories that have come about since I started this journey which will make for a good book that I will start putting together outlines and plans as soon as I get home.  The greatest Irony is that I started this ride, riding for cancer and was diagnosed after having to quit the ride in the geographical center of the country when I fell ill.
So Tomorrow is Virginia Beach.  The ride started in Orange counties Laguna Beach going up to San Francisco, Then going across to Great Bend (went home to deal with illness) came back right after Chemo going from Great Bend to Virginia Beach and then I'll ride up to D.C. before I go home.
It's been my greatest adventure and the project of turning it into a book will be the good next challenge.  I hope to have made good progress before I go to Norway, which is my next thing that I've always wanted to do that I've never had time to do.  I'd like to ski the Birkie over there but I have a feeling that tickets will be hard to come by.

Anyways, have a good night.  Tomorrow, I finish it.  Coast to Coast.

Joe

1 comment: