Sunday, November 8, 2009

Short but good day


So I woke up this morning behind the Episcopal church where I camped out last night and got going.  It's sunday and I have no gig planned anywhere so I just look for a church to attend randomly when that is the case.  I found one church but they were not starting for an hour and a half so I pressed on.  Then I found a church where people where walking in which is always a good sign.  I met a guy whose name is George with is mom Heriot.  She was in her 90's.  They invited me in to sit with them.  This Church was established in the early colonial days and even more importantly to me right now is that it was starting in five minutes which is what I was looking for.  So I went in with george and heriot.  After Church there was a guy who invited me to his house.  His name is Jack Haar.  We had Lunch and it turns out that he cycled this route last year and him and I were on the same route for a while so that was a cool coincidence.  The next coincidence was that him and his wife are not really episcopalian but ELCA Lutherans, which was kind of funny.  And even more was that He had a Medical student (he's a professor) doing his doctorate work on Brain Cancer medicine.  I forget exactly how he explained it because...yeah, I don't do medicine, I take it.
We had a lot of different stuff to talk about and we did as he took me around in his Model A Ford which was a nice convertible and it was ride on a pleasantly warm day, a ride that didn't ware down my quads any more : ) .  I was going to go and stay in the town 9 miles up the road, but he talked about having cyclists stay at his home and I asked if I might be able just to stake out here for the night and get some blogging and picture down loading done, so here I am blogging and down loading pictures.  I hope you like them.

This house was built in 1790 which makes my 1890 house I grew up in look pretty new.
I should have maybe road a bit more today but this is nice.  I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow : /

Peace,

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment