Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hurricane remnants delay finish

Ok, So here's the thing.  I looked out my window this morning from my Day's Inn room where I was happily warm and dry and it was raining pretty good.  It had been raining all night.  My power went out and it wasn't light outside yet so I grabbed my headlamp and got around and went to my continental breakfast.  It wasn't a very good one but I had three bagels and a banana.  I went back to my room and the power was back so I could charge up my computer and cameras.  I looked out my window and thought to myself, "I don't have any more gigs, my D.C. one isn't going to work out, so I'm just going to stay in my williamsburg room today."  It was very nice.  I was able to contemplate my route. print off some paper directions, and take several naps.  I ordered a pizza and it continued to rain and blow all day long.  I depressingly looked up the weather for the next couple of days and it only looks like it might get worse tomorrow, but I'm going to lay out my outfit tonight along with the heavy rain gear, shoe booties and plastic baggies to line the inside of them and I will just set out in the weather because I'm rested and I don't have that much money so even though this room isn't that expensive I'm not just going to sit around tomorrow.  I wish it would have been nice out today so I could have explored williamsburg a bit which is one of our nations first cities.  I won't make the 75 miles tomorrow through urban area in the the wind gusts and rain tomorrow, but I'll make it to another hotel or hostel so I can dry out what will inevitably be my soaking wet rain gear despite my best efforts to stay dry.
The good news is that though it will rain tomorrow and the next day, I'll camp on the coast and the next morning this storm will have passed and I will be able to see the sun rise on the Eastern Seaboard which is the thing I want to do on the coast, besides splash around in celebration of my long journey.

I remember the beautiful sunsets on the west coast over the Pacific Ocean, so I'll be looking forward to the equally beautiful sunrises of the East.  

Peace be the journey,

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment