Thursday, November 5, 2009

Charlottesville, Blue parkway ridge

Sorry, I"m getting behind.  I'm getting close the the coast.  five more day's and this dream that I've been in the process of chasing down since june of 2008 will finally be accomplished.  There have been many more obstacles than I ever could have imagined but now all over come, I'm very close.
I'm in Charlottesville which is where one of my most favorite musicians in the whole wide world came out of, Dave Matthews.  The pastor took me around to the thomas jefferson sites and then to millers where Dave got started.  (was a little more excited about millers : )  
Last night the concert went very well.  THere were a lot of people there so that was fun.  We had a lot of pizza before hand which didn't do wonders for my singing voice, but oh well.  It was a very looooong day getting to the gig.  I'm not as strong as I was last year, still building to get back to that point so 60 miles pulling my cart was a long day.  And I cycled the rest of Blue ridge Parkway, though I got the worst climb out of the way the evening before.  Someone said it was the worst climb on the tour.  I'm not sure but it was definently top 5.  I climbed for 55 minutes between 2 and 3 mph and that was as fast as I could go.   Sometimes I do those climbs in a lot of short bursts, but I conqured this mountain without getting off the bike, so that was pretty good.  I had one more little scare that I thought I was going to crash the rig but I regained control of the bike, somehow.  I was looking down to see what was making some noise.  I forgot that I probably should have been watching the road and I veared off, hit the breaks and sort of fish tailed or jack knifed my bike and trailer back and forth a few times before I regained control  Wheeew,  it was close.   I camped up on top of the blue ridge parkway at 3200 feet.  It was in the 20's that night, but I was all good in my 20 degree bag,  but I did have to close up the face hole on the mummy bag, which I don't usually have to do.
I'm tired but I'll get a few miles in today.  primarily a rest day today.

pictures later.

peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment