Monday, October 12, 2009

10/12 Into KY, and the 3 cyclists.



Today I just crossed over into Kentucky.  I stopped by the sign to take an appropreiate picture with a piece of grassing hanging out of my mouth.   I had a great start to the morning as the Pastor's wife made me a great breakfast consisting of pancakes, eggs and bacon and even strawberries!  Pastor must have not been feeling well as he stayed in bed until I left at 12:30.  I took my time today because the three dates that I was going to have to drop south for all fell through or I didn't hear back from them, so that means  I have 3 days to do a 2 day ride.  after 43 miles of riding in beautiful weather (unlike wisconsin weather I hear) I get to Marion  and I was going to stay at a B&B but I couldn't find anyone around so I end up giving in to my senses telling me to go camp in the park.  On my way there I met up with three cyclist who were going to have dinner, so I ate with them and we swapped stories.  There were 3 of them and they were riding for one young man.  One of them was his father, the other was his bride to be and the other was his best friend.  He died in a Kayaking accendent.  apparently he was someone who really did live life to the fullest and he lived the dreams that he talked about living.  He sounds like a neat fella that I would have gotten along well with.  So these three are riding in honor of this young man.  I'll put up pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment