Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween! Haunted House random joining





Hey Hey!
So this Halloween turned out to  be a lot more fun than I was anticipating.  I always loved this holiday growing up so a few weeks ago when I found a cape and a mask for a dollar each I jumped at the buy.  Today those purchases were put to good use.  I have a lot of dialog with God while I'm on my bike....well, I don't really hear him back, but I talk and I was hoping that I would find some place to have some halloween fun and when I arived in my town I stopped at a store.  I almost went by it but I figured I could use a drink.  So I just stopped at this general store and it turned out they were having a haunted house, so I figured I might come back later.  Then they said I could stay in the building after the haunted house, so that was cool so I hung around, took a nap, but then got back into my skeletor looking costume and participated with the staff in scaring people in the house.  I had some good ones too.  This is a pretty good haunted house, I mean it is really decked out.

Cycling today was fun.  I did a good portion of the ride in my sceletor digs.  my cape was just flapping in the wind, I was decked out in my black riding stuff and my mask and hood fit under my helmet.  I was dressed like a skeleton riding on hwy 666 to christiansburg on halloween; I thought that was kind funny.  It was supposed to rain today but it didn't really.  Just a few sprinkles fell.  

The crew that I ended up scaring people with were pretty cool.  We'd freek people out as they came past and then we'd just chat for 10 minutes or so till we heard the next group coming through.  I teamed up with Freddy Krugger.  No one ever saw us coming until we were jumping out.  It was a pretty sweet day and just another adventure that I had that wasn't planned on.  I was a little bummed that I didn't have any friends to do anything with when I was thinking earlier today, but I made some in this little town.  afterwards we shut it all down and sat around for a beer and then went home.  So Halloween this year ended up being a very memorable one.  The different people would come up to me and ask me how i was associated with the store and before long I had just gained the name, the biker guy by all the folks.  one lady looked at my shoes and said nice shoes (before she knew I was the cyclist) which I thought was pretty good that she recognized them as cycling shoes.  Anyway.  Good day.  Good weather.  Happy Halloween!  Wha ha ha ha.


No comments:

Post a Comment