Thursday, October 1, 2009

Springfield to Hartville

I had a couple of cool places to play in springfield though getting around that town was not a lot of fun at all.  The street 'Roanoke' was on the map but it disappeared.  I just figured it was trying to emulate the early colonial town.   While in Springfield I got to check out the first Bass Pro Shop and they had every peace of outdoor equipment one could ever hope for, not to mention tanks with trout that had to be two and a half feet long!

My second concert at Prince of peace was a ton of fun!  I met with their confirmation group and they liked my stories, which was good because with middle schoolers it's always a gamble.  The music went well and there was quite a crowd.  Mom and I had fun hanging out with crazy kate their youth director.  And we had most excelent host's to stay with! Liz and John were cool cats and had a lot of outdoor tails of their own.  They had quite the creatively decorated home.  I'll put pictures up later.

Today we got out of springfield "early."  This means that I am on the bike by 9:30.  It took about 10 miles just to get out of town and on to county road D.  The weather was chasing us the whole time.  I had wind to my back, side and front.  I am completely zonked so it's amazing that I'm actually putting in an entry because this isn't like Kansas 65 miles which isn't to shabby.  This is getting into Ozark country which is nice but it's up down up down up down.  I ended with the steepest climb yet.  Tomorrow is only a 40 something mile day so that will be nice.

I'm already looking forward to Monday night football on the 5th.  Who's with me?  Favre going to Green Bay in purple.  Who would have thought we would have seen this day coming?  Good grief.  I'll be quite confused as I am rooting for both teams : )  should be fun.

1 comment:

  1. Go go go Joseph! You're over 1/4th of the way there! Glad you're able to see the beautiful countryside. Orangerockscycles almost as much as Jesus does!
    ~Alex

    ReplyDelete