Thursday, October 8, 2009

Dad comes down to MO/Civil War show down/ stop in Ozora





I got all packed up an ready to leave Pastor's house by 10:00AM  which is pretty typical.  We had a good breakfast and I had soft boiled eggs for the first time.  I really wasn't too sure about this.  Before I knew we were having them like that I was asked "how many eggs you want?"  I replied, "3 sounds good."  Then I saw her putting them in a boiling pot....I began to think that I should have said 1, but they weren't that bad.  I just like eggs cooked cause I worry about bacteria.  I should have said something, but I'm fine so it didn't matter too much.  My immune system is still down pretty low from the chemo, so I have to be careful.

Pastor's wife wanted to give me a tour and take me to Iron knob before I left, but I was already getting going late, so we just took a little tour around town.  I could tell she really wanted to show me more but sun goes down at 6:30 and had to be going.  I got off by 11:00 and I cycled by fort davidson and started reading the Civil war stuff they had around on the battle field.  That lead me to their main building where I figured I might as well go inside.  I was very intrigued so I ended up watching the 20 min video after all.  The Battle was at Iron knob.  The Confederates took the fort the Union was protecting to make sure they didn't take the railroad.

I eventually got going.  The roads were nice and the colors in the trees are starting to turn.  The day was in the 50's and sunny so it was perfect weather out for cycling.  I met dad in Farmington and he drove a head as I cycled to Ozora, MO  where I'm sitting now, catching you up.

I found a 6 food box of crayons on my ride which made me think of the sign off of a youth director I met uses

God has better Crayons,

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment