Saturday, October 24, 2009

cycle shelter, beautiful colors, and glasses in toilet




10/22

Today was a beautiful let down

I am still behind from the detour.  I’m a day behind so I relooked at all my stops and moved some dates around.  My next gig is on the 2 of Nov so I don’t have to worry.  I’ll make that one.  Today I randomly stopped at the top of a very large hill at a guys house to use his phone because I didn’t kthink I was going to make it to hazard and my phone was dead.  He ended up directing me to a biker shelter behind a church here in Booneville.  Eastern KY is a Maze.  I get lead down some crazy road and some really nice roads with little traffic.  I got to boone ville and the very first thing I do at the biker shelter is go to the bathroom in the portipotty.   I bend over, and my glasses fall off my shirt into the toilet.  I don’t panic, I just think hmmm….then I wonder how much poop is down there….then I start thinking of solutions to my problem.  There is a dollar store that I figured could help me out.  I went and got gloves and ammonia…. I opened the gloves in the stor and the long cuff is not long enough.   SO I bought some tall plastic kitchen bags and that did the trick….. I got my glasses back and washed them with the ammonia and rinced them off.  I spent most the evening mooching off the electricity of the public library outside here and the internet catching up my blog.  There is just always more to do.   A couple parked in the lot here, but a cop just pulled in so the car started up and left…funny.  I’m tired of map work and writing.  My stuff is charged and it’s time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment