Sunday, October 4, 2009

Springfield, MO (added blog about it)



I didn't really cover springfield all that well.  So this is going to be an additional post about it.

There was a cool youth group, part the confirmation that came to watch.  They had a youth director with a Bright Yellow office.  I mean, it was pretty crazy.  Her name was Kate, there by making her Crazy Kate.  I really liked their pastor who had a lot of energy and was just very welcoming.  We had half a day to look around so we went to the Bass Pro Shop.  We had food and looked at all the gear and all the fish.  I wanted to use some of the gear so I could catch one of those big fishes, but I with held myself.

The other Springfield gig turned out alright too.  I wasn't so sure about it.  since we were waiting and about 15 minutes before the show there was still no one around...anywhere.  We just sat there.  I said to her, " think this is our first bust."  She thought so too.  But then at about 10 minutes before it was to start, people started trickling in, and they were a really great group to play for.    I finally played my new song correctly, so that was nice.  They seemed to really enjoy the stories.   I closed with the piano story, which I've been meaning to do but had been forgetting and I think it made for a good closing followed by the the old time favorite "Lord I lift."  It's usually a sure bet that everyone knows that song.

Now, it's late and I'm tired.  

Peace,

Joe

1 comment:

  1. Hey Joe!
    It sounds like you are having a good trip. We miss you in the choir!
    Amy :)

    ReplyDelete