Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pictures for Week 2 in Review/ journal for MO and Ozarks


This picture  is my camping site that I only remembered to take a pic when everything was tore down.  Oh well, this is where I camped.

Copy this long address and paste it in the address bar on top.  

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2166420&id=73405078&l=bda02078a5
Check out these pictures.  The Ozarks have been a bit crazy to bike through.  These are as hard as the rockies...it's just that in the rockies, there are more of them in larger proportions.
I stayed in Houston, MO with a retired pastor who was a really neat fella to talk to.  His name was Jay Frost.  We had a really good meal that night and then the next morning a great breakfast.  He didn't think I could eat an omelet, hash browns, and a full order of biscuits and gravy.  No prob.  From Houston I cycled almost to Eminence but I was so tired that day.  The traffic was really rude as well.  It's hilly country and I think some of them expect that I should get off the road just to save them a few seconds and that's not going to happen.  If I got off the road for all the cars, I'd never get anywhere.  besides, it wasn't that busy and I was riding the edge of the white line, so I don't know what their problem is. I called the day 6 miles short of my originally planned destination when I found a wildlife conservatory forest area.  I cycled in back a ways and just popped my tent up.  I got to bed at like 8:30PM which was amazing.  It was so quiet.  I awoke in the morning only to the light, but pleasent bird songs.  My 20 degree bag kept me more than warm throughout the cool night.

today 10/4- I cycled from there to Ellington, MO.  I've hardly ever struggled with hills like this in my life.  These hills were are hard as any I have cycled on this whole ride, starting from OC, CA.  I showed up at Waynes house.  I got his place from warmshowers.org.  So I have a nice bed tonight.  I'm pretty pumped about the packer viking game tomorrow.  I just need to figure out where I'm going to watch it, which will be top priority tomorrow.  I planned a day with no program just so I could make sure I saw it!

Well I hope you liked the facebook album. 

God has better crayons,

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment