Sunday, October 11, 2009

Beautiful Day to Simpson, IL, but where's Pastor Pancake's church?



Hey Hey!

Chester ended up being a great spot and I'll write more about that later today.

So I had a beautiful day cycling.  It was one of those days that I made really bad time just because I had to hop off my bike and take so many pictures, which I will upload later.  and I need to do a week 3 in review album, but I'm sitting in my tent right now and I'm pretty hungry and I'd like to find a church to go to, since Pastor pancake's is now where to be found.  I have called and emailed and left messages because I wanted to play there last night originally.  I never heard from him, so I decided that I'm just going to go set up camp on the church lawn, get up and go to church their in the morning.  But when I got here(simpson) I couldn't find it.  There was no one here.  It was getting dark and I actually prayed that I'd run into someone out side (the town was that small)  and not much later a 4 wheeler came busing up the road and we both met at his home.  He'd never heard of a methodist church.  but he drove me around to where google thought it was and there was nothin.  So  He offered to let me camp in his yard.  Turns out he's a barge worker.  He works 30 days on the barge and gets off 12 days.  He was a nice guy.  

I have more to write about yesterday and pictures to put up of a very large bull, butterflies and an eagle, but I need to get going.

Riding the storm out,

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment